Are you or someone you love at a risk of falling? Falling is not a part of normal aging. You have the power to reduce your risk of falls. Fear of falling is not something you should have to live with. Subtle changes can have a huge effect on your life
We specialize in keeping you steady on your feet.
Why do we need to treat this?
Falls among the elderly are prevalent, dangerous, and can diminish their ability to lead an active and independent life. About one in three seniors above age 65, and nearly one in two seniors over age 80, will fall at least once a year. Falls and a fear of falling can diminish your ability to lead a full and independent life.
Who is at a high risk of falling?
- Difficulty in walking, along with muscle weakness have the highest risk of falling.
- Vision and pre-existing conditions that limit mobility ( example: Parkinson disease, stroke or diabetes)
- Conditions that cause confusion ( Dementia, Alzheimer's )
- Being on more than four medications at the same time
- Environmental hazards ( example: Throw Rugs or Pets ) contribute to risk factors.
How do we help ?
First, we conduct a comprehensive evaluation to assess your risk of falling. This screening includes questions about your recent history of falling and whether any falls required medical attention. We use nationally recognized, evidence-based assessment tools to assess your risk of falling.
Next, based on your assessment we will design an exercise program focused on improving your walking speed, balance, strength, and flexibility.
Lastly, we will have measurable outcomes and goals for you, so that YOU can continue to do what you love doing!